Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2012

Christmas?

Wait. It's 12/12/12 today. That means that christmas is around the corner. In less than two weeks actually people will go mad about presents and dinners and parties and whatsoever. Or they already do. Stupidity.
I don't feel christmasy this year. Not at all.
Life sucks to much.
It just feels weird to celebrate something when there's nothing to celebrate.
Apart from that the weather doesn't support christmas at all. It's like a month ago. Not cold, no snow. I prefer it like that actually. I don't need cold and snowy winters. Mild winters are perfect. That means I won't freeze my toes. I won't need mittens. I can still ride my bike. And costs for heating do not explode.
I had "Spekulatius" though. Yesterday. I saw them at a grocery store a couple of weeks ago and got them yesterday. They comforted me. Knowing that I just ate something german, something I used to ate all my life around this time of the year made me feel rooted. Sort of. Do you feel the same way that culture is so much linked with food? For me it really is. Food is the only thing I miss from germany (apart from my family and friends). Ja, I got "Spekulatius" and I will get "Stollen" some time soon. That's my christmas. I'm going to pass the rest of it this year.

Keine Kommentare: