Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2013

A week already..

So we've spent a week in the woods. What happened?

We applied for lots of jobs. Yesterday I threw in my application for a job as activity assistant at a nursing home. Today I was asked to come in for an interview already. Wow. I hope I didn't talk myself out of that job when trying to explain my point on not wanting to do "puppetry" as entertainment at that job. It's so hard for me to talk to people about theatre here, because theatre here means something so completely different than in germany. (Like singing, dancing and musical as for what I experienced most of the time.) Even in germany it was hard to explain the difference between what I was doing towards "regular" theatre and towards what people thought of as puppet theatre. IT IS REALLY STUPID.

Whatever.
I'll hear back from them next week.
Apart from that: We went for a walk in the woods. Saw some huge tracks. You know, there are cougars and bobcats and coyotes out there. Bears, too. We have to go back there some time soon, to see if we can find more tracks with our new gained knowledge. (After our walk we searched a little bit more online about what it might be.)

Today after the interview we had a look at the local library and got surprised. They really do have some great books. And more people than we thought were visiting, reading and enjoying the calmness of the books. I took four books home with me. One about inuit art. I find myself stumbling upon inuit art recently and always being fascinated by the themes and looks of masks, objects and paintings. Another book about concrete (architecture) seemed appealing to me.
One book called "The Beak of the Finch" and another one "The rise of the creative class" that I just started reading while at the library and continued here at home. It seems to be pretty interesting and I'm looking forward to such a lot of awesome input.

Summary of this experience: Libraries = good places.
Which reminds me to thank my parents for taking us to the library and letting us read for hours and hours when we were kids instead of just putting us in front of the television. It seems like they did something right with that decision. Which doesn't mean that I didn't appreciate watching our sunday morning program ("Siebenstein","Löwenzahn" and "Die Sendung mit der Maus" or sometimes a fairytale or documentation, that definitely made me the person I am now, too). But you all know what I am talking about, I assume. Darum danke, liebe Eltern!


And last but not least, I just show you a couple of random pictures from our trip:

downtown in denver, colorado
empty buildings, empty streets, yellow houses and far away mountains, colorado

Keine Kommentare: