Freitag, 28. Juni 2013

Raw oatmeal

At the moment I try to eat a lot of raw foods. I do my best to start my day (after the orange juice / flax oil cleanse) with just fruit or at least raw foods. The longer the better.
(Why? Because I read about it's benefits for digestion in this awesome book -"Skinny bitch". About how the body is working best if you start your way with fruit, have a big salad for lunch and starchy things for dinner. It sounded pretty funded and logical to me, but if you wanna know more please read the book, I can only recommend it for various reasons..)
Sometimes though I feel like I need something like grains or nuts together with fruit. And here comes raw muesli or porridge. Usually I just soak some oats in water over night and mix it with fresh fruit or trail mix or whatever I have on hand in the morning.
Yesterday however I felt like doing a more fancy version of this simple dish. And since we got a food processor last week I decided to give it a try.


So here's what I did:

SOAKED
some oats (about a cup full, old-fashioned) and
about 2 tbsp of coconut flakes (unsweetened! who invented sweetened coconut flakes? i think that idea is gross) in
just enough water.

The next morning I MIXED this in said food processor with
an apple,
one medjool date,
about a tablespoon of raw hemp protein (you can just leave it out) and
some pecan meal (probably half a cup, I poured it in while the fp was running, so i don't know exactly).

COMMENTS:
Mine just had the perfect consistency, but if it's to runny or to firm just add a little water or a little nutmeal/ oats/ coconut. It makes about two servings and keeps for probably 3 days in the fridge.

Top with nuts or fresh fruit and enjoy!


P.S. Don't forget to pit your date as I did or your teeth might have an unpleasant surprise. Though some might be reminded of the lucky almond in christmas / new year dishes... What are you gonna wish for?

Keine Kommentare: